Family Resource Center South Atlantic Reentry Services
Wake Local Reentry Council
Family Resource Center South Atlantic, as the Intermediary Agency, will coordinate with and assist the Wake Local Reentry Council to implement a network of reentry services to returning adult citizens (ages 18 and up) and justice involved individuals to support their successful transition from secure confinement back to their families and communities in Wake County. We will identify and secure supportive services such as housing assistance, transportation assistance, employment assistance, job readiness, child care assistance and basic needs, make referrals to behavioral health services and other related community or county administered programs as needed.
• To reduce recidivism and victimization of returning citizens and justice involved individuals;
• Educate and organized the public about issues related to reentry and barriers that impact reentry;
• Develop a network of resources and services;
• Communicate and advocate for returning citizens and justice involved individuals to elected leaders, government and community agencies and institutions.
• Improve employment outcomes;
• Improve educational attainment outcomes; and
• Promote responsible fatherhood/parenting.