Family Resource Center South Atlantic Reentry Services
Wake Local Reentry Council
Family Resource Center South Atlantic, as the Intermediary Agency, will coordinate with and assist the Wake Local Reentry Council to implement a network of reentry services to returning adult citizens (ages 18 and up) and justice involved individuals to support their successful transition from secure confinement back to their families and communities in Wake County. We will identify and secure supportive services such as housing assistance, transportation assistance, employment assistance, job readiness, child care assistance and basic needs, make referrals to behavioral health services and other related community or county administered programs as needed.
• To reduce recidivism and victimization of returning citizens and justice involved individuals;
• Educate and organized the public about issues related to reentry and barriers that impact reentry;
• Develop a network of resources and services;
• Communicate and advocate for returning citizens and justice involved individuals to elected leaders, government and community agencies and institutions.
• Improve employment outcomes;
• Improve educational attainment outcomes; and
• Promote responsible fatherhood/parenting.
Reentry services to returning adult citizens and justice involved individuals (ages 25 and up) to support the successful transition from secure confinement back to their families and communities and reduce reincarceration. New Start will provide a comprehensive program that addresses the challenges and barriers returning citizens and justice involved individuals have transitioning back to their families and communities in the counties of Edgecombe, Vance, Nash, and Wilson. Services include employment focused and occupational skill building opportunities, employment and educational training, job search and placement, peer support mentoring, cognitive behavioral intervention, case management and responsible fatherhood/parenting curriculum training.